Who We Are
The VCCFA is the result of many transformations, all of them the result of a free, democratic association of education workers.
Who We Are
The VCCFA is honoured to have represented and supported the faculty of Vancouver Community College for over 60 years.
Our Association is committed to the advocacy of all faculty members at VCC. Our union’s main role is as the bargaining agent for our collective agreement. In addition, the faculty association represents and advocates for our members in order to enhance their rights and improve their working conditions.
We pride ourselves in our Union’s reach; from collegial and professional matters at home, to our interest in cultural, civic, and legislative matters beyond.
What We Do
The object of the Association is:
- To provide a medium for united action on any issue common to all members and to deal with matters of concern to them.
- To act as the bargaining agent for the members of the Association.
- To seek representation on all commissions, boards, councils, task forces, and committees dealing with matters of concern to the Association’s members.
- To function without bias or political affiliation as a non-partisan and non-sectarian association.
- To arrange and conduct social and professional functions from time to time as deemed fit by its members.
- To take part in cultural, civic, legislative, collegial, educational, charitable and other activities which directly or indirectly further the interests of the Association and its members.
- To obtain security in employment, security for the individual and satisfactory working conditions for all members.
An overview of our Union’s history, from 1951 to now.
Our council of leadership representing the VCCFA.
Our appointed groups working on programs inside the College.